|Working on Caro. Literally.|
What a wonderful age of technology we’re in. Thanks to email, cloud storage and a cell phone, lots of individuals can work wherever there’s wifi. Well hello marina with free wifi!
We’re all familiar with the home-office, and I’m sure we all would agree that a waterfront-home-office would be the pinnacle of all offices. So, why not a boat-office? And, more importantly, why did it take me so long to think of this!?
Here’s what you need to setup your boat-office and, consequently, lead a more fulfilling life:
- The willingness to not have to go into a boring, air-conditioned, artificially-lit dungeon
- A good working laptop with wifi
- A marina with wifi
- A smartphone (preferably)
- A tablet (if you want to be super-slick and have good flexibility)
- A virtual calendar (like Google Calendar) to keep yourself (and any co-workers) organized
- A cloud storage solution (like Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud) that has all of your files in case you need to modify, create, resend, etc.)
- A call-forwarding service from the office phone, if applicable
- Sunglasses, a hat, and plenty of beer (discretion, of course, is advised...you're still working remember!)
With all of these tools, it can actually be pretty easy to get out of the office once in a while to work remotely from your favorite place. The hardest part will inevitably be convincing the rest of your co-workers that you really are working, and not to hate you too much.